- Detalji os-a: WN7
- Važnost: IMP
- Operativni sustavi: L
- Kategorije: LSU
openSUSE Security Update: Security update for ntp
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2020:0934-1
References: #1125401 #1169740 #1171355 #1172651 #1173334
Cross-References: CVE-2018-8956 CVE-2020-11868 CVE-2020-13817
openSUSE Leap 15.1
An update that solves four vulnerabilities and has two
fixes is now available.
This update for ntp fixes the following issues:
ntp was updated to 4.2.8p15
– CVE-2020-11868: Fixed an issue which a server mode packet with spoofed
source address frequently send to the client ntpd could have caused
denial of service (bsc#1169740).
– CVE-2018-8956: Fixed an issue which could have allowed remote attackers
to prevent a broadcast client from synchronizing its clock with a
broadcast NTP server via spoofed mode 3 and mode 5 packets (bsc#1171355).
– CVE-2020-13817: Fixed an issue which an off-path attacker with the
ability to query time from victim’s ntpd instance could have modified
the victim’s clock by a limited amount (bsc#1172651).
– CVE-2020-15025: Fixed an issue which remote attacker could have caused
denial of service by consuming the memory when a CMAC key was used
andassociated with a CMAC algorithm in the ntp.keys (bsc#1173334).
– Removed an OpenSSL version warning (bsc#992038 and bsc#1125401).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Leap 15.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2020-934=1
– openSUSE Leap 15.1 (i586 x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org