- Detalji os-a: WN7
- Važnost: IMP
- Operativni sustavi: L
- Kategorije: LSU
openSUSE Security Update: Recommended update for mailman
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2020:1752-1
References: #1171363 #1173369
Cross-References: CVE-2020-12108 CVE-2020-12137 CVE-2020-15011
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2
An update that fixes three vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for mailman to version 2.1.34 fixes the following issues:
– The fix for lp#1859104 can result in ValueError being thrown
on attempts to subscribe to a list. This is fixed and extended to apply
REFUSE_SECOND_PENDING to unsubscription as well. (lp#1878458)
– DMARC mitigation no longer misses if the domain name returned by DNS
contains upper case. (lp#1881035)
– A new WARN_MEMBER_OF_SUBSCRIBE setting can be set to No to prevent
mailbombing of a member of a list with private rosters by repeated
subscribe attempts. (lp#1883017)
– Very long filenames for scrubbed attachments are now truncated.
– A content injection vulnerability via the private login page has been
fixed. CVE-2020-15011 (lp#1877379, bsc#1173369)
– A content injection vulnerability via the options login page has been
discovered and reported by Vishal Singh. CVE-2020-12108 (lp#1873722,
– Bounce recognition for a non-compliant Yahoo format is added.
– Archiving workaround for non-ascii in string.lowercase in some Python
packages is added.
– Thanks to Jim Popovitch, there is now a dmarc_moderation_addresses list
setting that can be used to apply dmarc_moderation_action to mail From:
or matching listed regexps. This can be used to modify mail to
addresses that don’t accept external mail From: themselves.
– There is a new MAX_LISTNAME_LENGTH setting. The fix for lp#1780874
obtains a list of the names of all the all the lists in the
installation in order to determine the maximum length of a legitimate
list name. It does this on every web access and on sites with a very
large number of lists, this can have performance implications. See the
description in Defaults.py for more information.
– Thanks to Ralf Jung there is now the ability to add text based captchas
(aka textchas) to the listinfo subscribe form. See the documentation
for the new CAPTCHA setting in Defaults.py for how to enable this. Also
note that if you have custom listinfo.html templates, you will have to
add a <mm-captcha-ui> tag to those templates to make this work. This
feature can be used in combination with or instead of the Google
reCAPTCHA feature added in 2.1.26.
– Thanks to Ralf Hildebrandt the web admin Membership Management section
now has a feature to sync the list’s membership with a list of email
addresses as with the bin/sync_members command.
– There is a new drop_cc list attribute set from DEFAULT_DROP_CC. This
controls the dropping of addresses from the Cc: header in delivered
messages by the duplicate avoidance process. (lp#1845751)
– There is a new REFUSE_SECOND_PENDING mm_cfg.py setting that will cause
a second request to subscribe to a list when there is already a pending
confirmation for that user. This can be set to Yes to prevent
mailbombing of a third party by repeatedly posting the subscribe form.
– Fixed the confirm CGI to catch a rare TypeError on simultaneous
confirmations of the same token. (lp#1785854)
– Scrubbed application/octet-stream MIME parts will now be given a .bin
extension instead of .obj. CVE-2020-12137 (lp#1886117)
– Added bounce recognition for a non-compliant opensmtpd DSN with Action:
– Corrected and augmented some security log messages. (lp#1810098)
– Implemented use of QRUNNER_SLEEP_TIME for bin/qrunner
– Leading/trailing spaces in provided email addresses for login to
private archives and the user options page are now ignored. (lp#1818872)
– Fixed the spelling of the –no-restart option for mailmanctl.
– Fixed an issue where certain combinations of charset and invalid
characters in a list’s description could produce a List-ID header
without angle brackets. (lp#1831321)
– With the Postfix MTA and virtual domains, mappings for the site list
-bounces and -request addresses in each virtual domain are now added to
data/virtual-mailman (-owner was done in 2.1.24). (lp#1831777)
– The paths.py module now extends sys.path with the result of
site.getsitepackages() if available. (lp#1838866)
– A bug causing a UnicodeDecodeError in preparing to send the
confirmation request message to a new subscriber has been fixed.
– The SimpleMatch heuristic bounce recognizer has been improved to not
return most invalid email addresses. (lp#1859011)
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2020-1752=1
– openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com