- Detalji os-a: WN7
- Važnost: IMP
- Operativni sustavi: L
- Kategorije: LSU
openSUSE Security Update: security issues addressed, most notably the mod_security heap overflow known as CVE-2014-0226
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2014:0969-1
References: #859916 #869105 #869106 #871309 #887765 #887768
Cross-References: CVE-2013-5705 CVE-2013-6438 CVE-2014-0098
An update that solves 5 vulnerabilities and has one errata
is now available.
– ECC support was added to mod_ssl
– fix for a race condition in mod_status known as CVE-2014-0226 can lead
to information disclosure; mod_status is not active by default, and is
normally only open for connects from localhost.
– fix for bug known as CVE-2014-0098 that can crash the apache process if
a specially designed cookie is sent to the server (log_cookie.c)
– fix for crash bug in mod_dav known as CVE-2013-6438
– fix for a problem with non-responsive CGI scripts that would otherwise
cause the server to stall and deny service. CVE-2014-0231, new
configuration parameter CGIDScriptTimeout defaults to 60s.
– specially drafted chunked http requests allow an attacker to bypass
filters configured in mod_security2. This vulnerability is known as
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE 11.4:
zypper in -t patch 2014-72
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– openSUSE 11.4 (i586 x86_64):
– openSUSE 11.4 (noarch):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org