- Detalji os-a: WN7
- Važnost: IMP
- Operativni sustavi: L
- Kategorije: LFE
Fedora Update Notification
Name : wpa_supplicant
Product : Fedora 20
Version : 2.0
Release : 13.fc20
URL : http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/
Summary : WPA/WPA2/IEEE 802.1X Supplicant
wpa_supplicant is a WPA Supplicant for Linux, BSD and Windows with support
for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i / RSN). Supplicant is the IEEE 802.1X/WPA
component that is used in the client stations. It implements key negotiation
with a WPA Authenticator and it controls the roaming and IEEE 802.11
authentication/association of the wlan driver.
This update addresses a security vulnerability identified as CVE-2015-1863 . More information on this vulnerability is provided by upstream at https://w1.fi/security/2015-1/wpa_supplicant-p2p-ssid-overflow.txt . An extract:
Attacker (or a system controlled by the attacker) needs to be within radio range of the vulnerable system to send a suitably constructed management frame that triggers a P2P peer device information to be created or updated.
The vulnerability is easiest to exploit while the device has started an active P2P operation (e.g., has ongoing P2P_FIND or P2P_LISTEN control interface command in progress). However, it may be possible, though significantly more difficult, to trigger this even without any active P2P operation in progress.
* Thu Apr 23 2015 Adam Williamson <email@example.com> – 1:2.0-13
– backport fix for CVE-2015-1863
* Wed Oct 22 2014 Dan Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org> – 1:2.0-12
– Use os_exec() for action script execution (CVE-2014-3686)
* Thu Aug 21 2014 Kevin Fenzi <email@example.com> – 1:2.0-11
– Rebuild for rpm bug 1131960
* Mon Aug 18 2014 Fedora Release Engineering <firstname.lastname@example.org> – 1:2.0-10
– Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_22_Mass_Rebuild
* Sun Jun 8 2014 Fedora Release Engineering <email@example.com> – 1:2.0-9
– Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_21_Mass_Rebuild
This update can be installed with the “yum” update program. Use
su -c ‘yum update wpa_supplicant’ at the command line.
For more information, refer to “Managing Software with yum”,
available at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/yum/.
All packages are signed with the Fedora Project GPG key. More details on the
GPG keys used by the Fedora Project can be found at
package-announce mailing list