- Detalji os-a: WN7
- Važnost: IMP
- Operativni sustavi: L
- Kategorije: LSU
openSUSE Security Update: Security update for mbedtls
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2015:2257-1
openSUSE Leap 42.1
An update that fixes one vulnerability is now available.
This update for mbedtls fixes the following security and non-security
– Update to 1.3.15
* Fix potential double free if ssl_set_psk() is called more than once
and some allocation fails. Cannot be forced remotely. Found by Guido
* Fix potential heap corruption on windows when x509_crt_parse_path() is
passed a path longer than 2GB. Cannot be triggered remotely. Found by
Guido Vranken, Intelworks.
* Fix potential buffer overflow in some asn1_write_xxx() functions.
Cannot be triggered remotely unless you create X.509 certificates based
on untrusted input or write keys of untrusted origin. Found by Guido
* The x509 max_pathlen constraint was not enforced on intermediate
certificates. Found by Nicholas Wilson, fix and tests provided by
Janos Follath. #280 and #319
* Self-signed certificates were not excluded from pathlen counting,
resulting in some valid X.509 being incorrectly rejected. Found and
fix provided by Janos Follath. #319
* Fix bug causing some handshakes to fail due to some non-fatal alerts
not begin properly ignored. Found by mancha and Kasom Koht-arsa, #308
* Fix build error with configurations where ecdhe-psk is the only key
exchange. Found and fix provided by Chris Hammond. #270
* Fix failures in mpi on sparc(64) due to use of bad assembly code.
Found by Kurt Danielson. #292
* Fix typo in name of the extkeyusage oid. found by inestlerode, #314
* Fix bug in asn.1 encoding of booleans that caused generated ca
certificates to be rejected by some applications, including OS X
Keychain. Found and fixed by Jonathan Leroy, Inikup.
* Fix “destination buffer is too small” error in cert_write program.
Found and fixed by Jonathan Leroy, Inikup.
– Update to 1.3.14
* Added fix for CVE-2015-5291 (boo#949380) to prevent heap corruption
due to buffer
overflow of the hostname or session ticket. Found by Guido Vranken,
* Fix stack buffer overflow in pkcs12 decryption (used by
mbedtls_pk_parse_key(file)() when the password is > 129 bytes. Found
by Guido Vranken, Intelworks. Not triggerable remotely.
* Fix potential buffer overflow in mbedtls_mpi_read_string(). Found by
Guido Vranken, Intelworks. Not exploitable remotely in the context
of TLS, but might be in other uses. On 32 bit machines, requires
reading a string of close to or larger than 1GB to exploit; on 64 bit
machines, would require reading a string of close to or larger than
* Fix potential random memory allocation in mbedtls_pem_read_buffer()
on crafted PEM input data. Found and fix provided by Guido Vranken,
Intelworks. Not triggerable remotely in TLS. Triggerable remotely if
you accept PEM data from an untrusted source.
* Fix potential double-free if ssl_set_psk() is called repeatedly on the
same ssl_context object and some memory allocations fail. Found by
Guido Vranken, Intelworks. Can not be forced remotely.
* Fix possible heap buffer overflow in base64_encode() when the input
buffer is 512MB or larger on 32-bit platforms. Found by Guido Vranken,
Intelworks. Found by Guido Vranken. Not trigerrable remotely in TLS.
* Fix potential heap buffer overflow in servers that perform client
authentication against a crafted CA cert. Cannot be triggered remotely
unless you allow third parties to pick trust CAs for client auth.
Found by Guido Vranken, Intelworks.
* Fix compile error in net.c with musl libc. found and patch provided by
* Fix macroization of ‘inline’ keywork when building as c++. (#279)
* Added checking of hostname length in ssl_set_hostname() to ensure
domain names are compliant with RFC 1035.
– Changes for 1.3.13
* Fix possible client-side null pointer dereference (read) when the
client tries to continue the handshake after it failed (a misuse of
the API). (Found and patch provided by Fabian Foerg, Gotham Digital
Science using afl-fuzz.)
* Add countermeasure against lenstra’s rsa-crt attack for pkcs#1 v1.5
signatures. (Found by Florian Weimer, Red Hat.)
* Setting ssl_min_dhm_bytes in config.h had no effect (overriden in
ssl.h) (found by Fabio Solari) (#256)
* Fix bug in mbedtls_rsa_public() and mbedtls_rsa_private() that could
result trying to unlock an unlocked mutex on invalid input (found by
Fredrik Axelsson) (#257)
* Fix -wshadow warnings (found by hnrkp) (#240)
* Fix unused function warning when using mbedtls_mdx_alt or
MBEDTLS_SHAxxx_ALT (found by Henrik) (#239)
* Fix memory corruption in pkey programs (found by yankuncheng) (#210)
* Fix memory corruption on client with overlong psk identity, around
SSL_MAX_CONTENT_LEN or higher – not triggerrable remotely (found by
Aleksandrs Saveljevs) (#238)
* Fix off-by-one error in parsing supported point format extension that
caused some handshakes to fail.
* When verifying a certificate chain, if an intermediate certificate is
trusted, no later cert is checked. (suggested by hannes-landeholm)
– Changes for 1.3.12
* Increase the minimum size of diffie-hellman parameters accepted by the
client to 1024 bits, to protect against Logjam attack.
* Increase the size of default diffie-hellman parameters on the server
to 2048 bits. This can be changed with ssl_set_dh_params().
* Fix thread-safety issue in ssl debug module (found by edwin van vliet).
* Some example programs were not built using make, not included in
visual Studio projects (found by Kristian Bendiksen).
* Fix build error with cmake and pre-4.5 versions of gcc (found by hugo
* Fix missing -static-ligcc when building shared libraries for windows
* Fix compile error with armcc5 –gnu.
* Add ssl_min_dhm_bytes configuration parameter in config.h to choose
the minimum size of Diffie-Hellman parameters accepted by the client.
* The pem parser now accepts a trailing space at end of lines (#226).
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Leap 42.1:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2015-898=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– openSUSE Leap 42.1 (i586 x86_64):
– openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org